How I pack my bag.
- hmm , am going for 15 days , means at-the-least 10-12 dresses.
- Then a sari .. what if I have to attend a wedding or family function… (PS : My Ma has truck load of Sari and all I need to do is carry a nice fitting blouse) But , I have to carry one of my own. (PS : each sari easily qualifies for more than 500 gms and a kilo with accessories and side dress..and my Ma has better collection than me. ) But I look good in this red one of mine (PS: trust me when I say , each and every girl on this planet earth will look good in sari , in any sari ,no matter what is the figure which means I should look good in any of her sari and skip 500 gm )
- Then it sure gonna be hot during march , so I should pack some light cotton dress for hot nights.
- Or who knows , it might still be cold during nights. So pair of good woolen socks.
- hmm , will it be cold during evening definitely.. Should take a shawl. (PS : believe me when I say my mother also has truckload of shawl AND socks at home at my disposal)
- Perhaps a jacket .. for rides on bike 🙂
- I should get few dresses… to visit my immediate neighbors. Should not be very fancy , casual…like I just walked out of my home and visited them. “Oh , this dress , I just ….sorry I forgot to change .. very old “
- Dress to visit my family relatives who live in the town.
- Dress to visit my family relatives who do not live in the town. Well , one doesn’t visit them often , so when one does should try to leave good impression with one’s new good dress. (PS : The “one” is me needing a new good dress , as if I-meet-them-once-a-decade relatives have seen all my old dresses!)
- I have to carry my denim for all comforts of denim pants.. so , hmm 4-5 tops with it.
- What if we decide to visit a fine dine.. hmm. none of these qualify.. I should pick a dress…
- Well, we sure are planning to go picnic . A picnic dress.
PS: I bet most of you just skimmed through my list. Didn’t read it fully. Do not be asshole .. read it.
And then comes the shoes , sandal , heels , and accessories , gold jewelry , BAGS! and how can I forget my lotions , creams … perfumes..ear-rings !
And then gifts – for all , of all kinds.
And then comes stationary – My diary , a pen ..what if I need to write something , my mother’s house surely may not have a pen and paper. Duh!
Total weight = 14.9Kg . Oh my , just what my airline will allow.
Oh wait , 7 kg allowed as cabin baggage. Hurrah..!
Let me pack my loafers ..so comfy. And an extra pair of pajama. And some nuts for journey.. and this small purse for small occasions..
Time taken : Months of analysis , weeks of shopping , hours of packing , re-packing. And then I might as well miss my eye-wear!
How my husband packs his bag.
Open up wardrobe. Picks up 5 T-Shirt randomly and 2 pants.
I insist on carrying a shirt for formal occasion. Open up wardrobe again , Picks up a shirt.
I insist on buying new T-Shirt .
Says his 2 year old tees are just as fine as new.
I insist on carrying something light woolen for nights.
Says he is … done. Done.
Total weight: 5 kg or less?
Time taken : 10 minutes.
How my 3.6 year old car-crazy son packs his bag.
- Red hot-wheel car.
- Blue hot-wheel car.
- Yellow car.
- Mc Queen car.
- Blue Jeep
- Black truck.
- Green car .Mummy , cannot leave it ..Sad ho jayega na (will be sad)
He thinks this is all he needs for his trip to Nanu ke ghar. Cute , Isnt he ?