Am bored of eating , eating the same vegetarian diet day after day , night after night.
Am not pure vegan , neither my husband , but
we are I am the most laziest couple person on planet earth. Laziness supersede all other love , even love for good food. We I can’t get our my ass off our house to buy meat, to order online. (PS: Asked my husband to edit and he strikes out “we” to “I” , but trust me , it is we as team lazy ..)
It’s been more than 2 weeks since … the fragrance , the sound , the touch , the physical presence of chicken plate, It still lingers in my mouth and keep me awake on lonely nights. Everything reminds me of it. I look at moon and think why cant it be like chicken leg. I look at flowers and think why cant it be fragnant as chicken curry.
I rage for you , my body aches for you.. to be specific stomach , watering tongue , and the Mademoiselle Pallate.
Oh dear lord , hey bhagwan , Allah! Am in love with chicken.
Am missing it so much.
Aaah , my heart aches even to write fish. Or when my son sings the rhyme of fish “Machli jal ki rani hai”. I should code-name it something else , as well teach my son another rhyme. So my poor heart can be happy. Henceforth , no fish but hsif.
Now , some of your will be think , What rubbish. Am vegan and am quite good without meat.
If you answered Yes to this , please go to nearest doctor and get your eyes checked out.
What?! Eyes , why ?
Still not clear why ? Proves me right , no fish means no good eyesight AND no brains.
Am bored. I know I have said this like 100 times already for you to read , but I hope I have made by point clear – am really really bored of eating vegan diet in past 2 weeks, bored to death, eating is not fun like before.
Heck, even my fridge is complaining . “Do you remember party at Somjit ? Fridge at his place had a kilo of basa fish and a kilo of chicken and perhaps more meat jam-packed into freezer and look what do I have – Ice”.
Fridge is right , it need protein. Protein that comes from fish. Am thinking Salmon and Chicken and Surmai , pomphret , rohu and mince meat.
Am bored. So when I had to cook vegan again, specifically this below , I said enough.
I refused to create any usual vegetable. At least , lemme spice it up. But I will not waste time cutting it up into bite size pieces. To hell with bite size ,like it is gonna make bite size coccinia into chicken. I will just cut it into half and cook. That is my bite size.
It’s just co-incidence , both starts from “C”. Chicken or coccinia or cundro (In hindi , should start with C , but ..
Anyways – here is a dish for your boring vegan days , tip for broken heart and stomach -From -another green eating rotten stomach.
Steps to follow… after cutting each one into half.
(1) Look at leftover , Do you think anything will get along with this?
(2) Nothing . Look again ?
(3) Al rite ,look at sauce compartment. Anything? for the love of looking .. pls look harder. I cannot cut onion and tomato paste to make elaborate masala.
(4) Got it – chutney , peatnut chutney , leftover from Dosa yesterday. It is just simple roasted peanut , powdered spice and two rounds in grinder with a bit of water.
(5) Add a tomato and fry it a little . That should be step 5.
(6) Next add the chutney directly to the pot along with tomato and coccinia.
PS : This is the exact moment when my husband reminded that I should have cooked chutney a little before adding it and that it is a bad choice coz it sticks to pan and I need to stir it constantly now . If only he was present during step 1.
Aaah ! Too late.
(7) It sticks to pan , but remember pan-stick-gravy is always tasty. So praise the lord and continue the stir. Add all powdered spice like Salt , Coriander , Turmeric. And then I added those white and black seeds for looks only!
(8) Sorry – keep stirring . Try not to curse ALL vegetables on planet earth. We need vitamins and minerals for good skin and hair. Stir ,else it might stick to pan like below.
(9) By now , I was bored of stirring , bored of cooking a vegeterian dish. I mean, what the hell it is not like am stirring continuously from last 10 minutes to cook chicken curry?! It is not magically transform into chicken or fish curry ? Will it.
Screw it. Add water. Lots of water.
(10) Close the pot , simmer the heat and go watch “Street Food” on TLC or read blog.
No wait. I have to get ready for office and get Adi ready for school. Forget about chicken.
(11) After a while , check on pot. End was not so bad , I will say. The lunch was a semi success 🙂
PS: That was on Monday , Today is Sunday and I bought – 2 Surmai and a packet of mince meat . My stomach is happy , So I completed this post 🙂