My favorite vegetable is capsicum. My husband eats capsicum ..we consume at least a kilo a week. My complete family loves capsicum! We are capsolovers !
Head : Liar ! Husband hates capsicum , your 3 year old boy doesn’t eat any vegetable. Family of capsoooooohaters!
Hey ! careful head , Husband , he eats it..I have prepared for him ..
Head (interrupting) : wait ,I haven’t finished yet .. And capsolovers ??.. is NO word. See spellcheck is screaming !
*continuing in a tone of sophistication * : And by eating , if you mean , trying to thaw it with spoon and murmuring hate for every mouthful before deciding ,”enough I need an omelette” then yes he did eat capsicum.
Alrite (making a mental note of not lying in front of head), 1/3rd of my family loves capsicum. That is the stat. We are three . Including me.
Head : Do the maths lady ..
So , C’on , what’s not to like , I mean its round ,crunchy, even has a butt so can sit and best of it ,can be taken both – raw or cooked.What other veggie can claim all that adjectives?
Head : veggie with butt ? Why am I attached to a heart with no sense of world!
I remember a dish .. all of us likes and its of capsicum.
Head : Eh ? The one where you stuff capsicum with whatever you find in your fridge and put it in microwave and eat it almooost raw?
It is called smart cooking , am a smart cook. Remember this? Don’t spoil it. Am gonna explain how it’s done for only smart readers!
hmm , what should I name the dish?
Capsicum butt stuffed!
So I had few capsicum in my fridge. I bought them green , nurtured in there till turning red and then realized it is not gonna turn into bell pepper , so I might as well finish it before crunch is gone…
Now I need something to stuff up these capsicum. I love stuffed so much!
Head : Eh , and wont you tell your reason for “love stuffed”?
Alrite (making a mental note of trying not to deviate truth in front of head), So I love stuffed capsicum coz that way I can eat capsicum , husband can eat stuffing and I can even make paratha from stuffing for kiddo… .a complete family entertainment!
Phew ! There I said it. This is my family favorite recipe coz everyone get’s to eat their favorite!
Head : I feel so much lighter now!
Ignoring the snob head..So now I need something to stuff up these capsicum.
(1) Open your fridge , look around and see what can you find? Paneer (cottage cheese) , other cheese , peas. Bring it on. Anything can be stuffed into capsicum. I found mushroom.
(2) Nothing in fridge? Alternative .. hmm you got to have potato in your house.. What kind of Indian ( or European?) are you with no potato! Boil it and mash it.
(3) Heat a pan , add butter . Not oil .. Butter is tastier. Add some onion.
(4) Add mushroom to pan , salt , chilli powder and whatever powder spice you can find. Find some special spice like amchur , chaat masala..
Head: Aha! You didn’t tell to wash and cut mushrooms before adding to pan , not whole one,
C’on , Do I need to tell this to humans who knows to cook ?
(5) Add some sauce , it taste good. Open your sauce and soup cabinet and pick one. I had tomato soup. Mix it into the mushroom. It’s better mushroom cooks with sauce.
Head : Aha! lady .. sauce makes it curry .. you are definitely not looking for a curry to fill into capsicum butthole?
Shut-up head , this is my recipe.
Wait , he is right.
Am not making gratin , its stuffed capsicum.. stuffing should be …solid. Think NOW, risk mitigation , crisis aversion, damage control.
(6) Mix a bit of corn flour and add to thicken it. It worked, as you can see in picture. And I also added a bit of white sesame seeds, for the white effect 🙂
It just looked good in pan with other red stuff.
PS: You can skip step 6 , if you have skipped step 5 .
Head (Grinning ): See I was right
Ignoring head who think he is Master Chef! Cover the pan and let it cook. This can’t be eaten raw. You see it has no can-eat-raw super power like my doll , capsi!
(7) Work with capsicum , cut off capsicum’s head , slide off and then empty its belly. remove all the seeds and glaze the capsicum with oil on the inside wall.
(8) Now am bore and I assume you get the drift. Fill the stuffing into capsicum, prepare your micro-wave plate.
Add plenty of oil, place the capsicum on plate and put it inside.
(9) Cook it as much as you want it .. I mean I like a bit raw ,as you can see in the pic.. try different options of microwave – Grill , convection , Grill + convection , power heat , or just plain.. sky is your limit (and the options of your microwave).
Here is the best part !
My husband likes the mushroom stuffing , I finished off the capsicum.
All in one and one in all .
Isn’t this the smartest capsicum butt stuffed ever !